The Ceviche Recipe is one of the most favored and satisfying appetizers for fish lovers around the world.The Mexican Ceviche Recipe is a colorful and spicy intermingling of red snapper fish and oysters, chilled and served in a mixture that includes avocados, tomatoes, onions, lemon juice, olive oil, fresh cilantro, and oregano.
- 1 pound of fresh, skinless red snapper well cleaned and cut into ½ inch cubes (remove all black and red)
- 1 pound of oysters
- 6 ripe tomatoes chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 can of sliced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 20 lemons (the juice)
- ¾ cup of olive oil, preferably extra-virgin to give a glistening appearance
- 1 white onion chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 olives
- 1 large avocado peeled and diced
- 1 cup catsup
- salt and pepper added to taste.
- Place the fish in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and allow to marinade for 4 hours.
- Rinse out the fish and dispose of the juice.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Stir in the fish, then taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with parted lemon, tortilla chips or saltine crackers.
Ceviche Recipe Tips and Preparation
HOW TO SELECT THE RIGHT FISH FOR CEVICHE RECIPE?
Fresh fish must have firmness in the meat, eyes bright and the guts red.
WHEN IS THE HASS AVOCADO ALREADY RIPE?
The Hass avocado is green when it is not yet ripe and black when it is. If they are purchased green they should be wrapped in newspaper and kept in a warm place in the kitchen so they will mature.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR SOME INGREDIENTES IN THE CEVICHE RECIPE
- FISH contains the important benefit of omega 3 acid and helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- TOMATOES are rich in potassium, vitamins C and A, and are in the category of antioxidants. This helps them preserve muscle tone. They help to lower the risk of heart disease and cataracts.
- LEMON contains anti-inflammatory properties as well as antioxidants. It has a large amount of vitamin C and helps protect the blood vessels.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!