Chicken Taquitos Recipe is a Mexican food dish invented in San Diego, California, by Ralph Pesqueria, Jr. Crispy Fried Taquitos sold in Mexico are often called tacos dorados (“golden tacos”) or flautas. Typical toppings and sides include cabbage, crema (Mexican sour cream), guacamole, green chili or red chili salsa and crumbled Mexican cheese such as queso fresco.
There are two types of Chicken Taquitos Recipe that are serving in Mexico the baked chicken taquitos and the fried chicken taquitos, and because of the creamy and savoury taste of it most of the people in Mexico including the other country love the taste of Chicken Taquitos and for sure they will ask for more, and with just five ingredients you can now easily make a delicious dish that your colleagues will surely love. Preparing “Chicken Taquitos Recipe” is much easier than preparing Burritos you just need a
- fat-free chunk white chicken breast in water drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup salsa, plus more, as dip, optional
- 1/3 cup shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry taco seasoning mix
- yellow corn tortillas and everything goes on, you just need to choose whether you’ll like to eat the chicken taquitos bake or fried.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1 lb. ground Chicken
- 3 T Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 6 inch corn tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded pepper jack
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, grease with oil.
- Shred Zucchini using the large holes of a box grater, squeeze dry in a clean kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, ground chicken, chili powder, onions, cumin, and salt. to pan and cook, stirring until the chicken is cooked through 8-10 minutes.
- Spread tortillas out on a baking sheet in two overlapping rows.
- Bake until hot, about 2 minutes, transfer to a plate and cover.
- Line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper (for easier clean up) and coat with cooking spray.
- Place 6 tortillas on a clean cutting board or extra pan.
- Working quickly, spread a generous ¼ cup chicken mixture along with the bottom third of a Tortilla, sprinkle with about 1T cheese and tightly roll into a cigar shape.
- Generously coat the top and sides of taquitos with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the top with salt, liberally.
- Bake the taquitos until browned and crispy, 14 to 18 minutes.
Chicken Taquitos Recipe Preparation Tips
If you want to give some twist with your usual chicken taquitos try to make something new like instead of an ordinary boiled chicken you can marinate the chicken and add spices, with that it can give the chicken taquitos more flavourful
Chicken Taquitos Recipe is a great way to use leftover chicken, try to make some modifications due to what was in your pantry, used black eyed peas instead of black beans, diced jalapeños instead of green chilies and flour tortillas instead of corn.This recipe was super easy and quick to make. The hardest part was waiting for them to come out of the oven! topped them with more cheese before they cooled and then served them with sour cream mixed with cumin and chili powder.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!