The Churros recipe is easy to make and everyone loves them when they’re warm. The churros with a cup of Mexican hot chocolate made the perfect combination. Below is the complete recipe when making Churros. Don’t Forget to Like our Page on Facebook for more Recipes with Pictures.
- 1 cup all purpose flour sifted
- Vegetable oil to a depth of 1 inch for frying
- 2½ cups of water
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick (approx 5-inch)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup sugar
- Spread the sugar over the bottom of a baking pan, set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and ground cinnamon set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the salt, vanilla and the cinnamon stick with the water. Set over high heat and bring to boil.
- Allow water slow boil for about 3 minutes before removing the cinnamon stick. Then add the mixture of flour all at once, stirring vigorously for 2 minutes or until the mixture forms a thick, smooth-textured ball.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the pan.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pan or cast-iron skillet (that's about 9 inches across and 3 inches deep) over medium to medium-high heat.
- Scoop the dough into a cookie press fitted with a ⅜ inch fluted opening or a heavy duty pastry bag fitted with a ⅜ inch star tip.
- Place the pressing apparatus a few inches above the hot oil and press out 5-inch portions of dough, pulling each part freely from the press using fingertips. Repeat this step 4 o 5 times depending on the desired number of churros to be fried at a given time. Turn occasionally until golden brown.
- Place the golden brown churros on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Roll the churros in the sugar while still warm.
- Ready to enjoy.
Churros Recipe Tips and Preparation
If you can’t fry the churros just before eating, warm them for 3 o 4 minutes in a 350° F oven, but always serve them warm.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR SOME INGREDIENTES IN THE CHURROS RECIPE
- SUGAR helps maintain a necessary degree of energy in the human metabolism and is positive to the maintenance of different organs, including the brain and muscles in the body.
- CINNAMON contains properties that help control gasses, colic and stomach problems. It also helps control weight and burns calories. It contains a compound that makes the cells absorb glucose more rapidly so that it can be converted into energy. It also reduces triglycerides considered bad for the heart and reduces cholesterol.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!