Huevos Rancheros Recipe for breakfast is a hearty way to start the day.
This delicious dish is a classical Mexican breakfast composed of the basics: 2 eggs sunny side up in homemade mild salsa, usually accompanied by refried beans. In my opinion, Huevos Rancheros Recipe is one of the best ways to have eggs.
- 12 eggs
- 12 corn tortillas
- 6 slices of bacon
- 4 tomatoes, grilled and peeled
- 1 onion thinly sliced.
- 2 Poblano peppers, grilled, peeled and with seeds removed, cut into small slices.
- 1 cup chicken broth, which can be substituted for 1 cup water with a chicken bouillon cube.
- Black pepper.
- Blend the tomatoes.
- Fry in small amount of oil the sliced onion and poblano peppers.
- Add to this mixture the tomatoes, blended and strained.
- Add the cup of broth and season to taste.
- Keep in low heat until boiling.
- Fry the bacon strips in a small amount of oil and set aside.
- Fry the tortillas, one by one, in sufficient oil, then place on absorbent paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve 2 fried tortillas on each plate, topped with 2 fried eggs.
- Apply the pre-heated sauce.
- Add a strip of bacon with each serving.
- Serve immediately.
HOW TO KNOW AN EGG IS FRESH?
To know that an egg is fresh submerge it in a container of salt water; if it falls to the bottom vertically it is a fresh egg. If it is not a quality fresh egg it will land horizontally.
AN ORGANIC FERTILIZER
Egg shells, left in water overnight, are a quality organic fertilizer.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR SOME INGREDIENTES IN THE HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE
- EGGS contain a host of vitamins: K, B, B12, D and proteins. The white of the egg comprises 57% of the whole and is largely comprised of water and proteins.
- TOMATOES are rich in potassium, vitamins C and A, and are in the category of antioxidants. This helps them preserve muscle tone. They help to lower the risk of heart disease and cataracts.