The history of Mexican Recipes and food started with the natives. Then the Spaniards introduced spices and foods. Europe, India and even China also contribute and influence the Mexican dishes. The Mexican cuisine consists of a variety of herbs and spices that provide the distinct flavors and aromas in the cuisine. Its flavors and seasoning are amazing and good for any type of dish. Mexican cooking is all about freshness and spiciness. And chilies or chili peppers are common ingredients and making the Mexican dishes more sizzling and fiery.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lb chicken breast
- ½ tablespoon cumin, divided
- ½ tablespoon chili powder, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large bell pepper, cleaned and sliced
- 2 oz diced green chiles
- 4 oz pasta (fettuccine)
- ¼ cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Slice chicken into small bites.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken slices and immediately add half of cumin, half of chili powder and half the amount of salt. Cook for several minutes on high heat, constantly turning, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add sliced bell peppers. Cook for a couple of minutes until they soften. Add diced green chiles. Add back cooked chicken to the skillet.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the chicken and vegetables. Add heavy cream and milk, bring to boil. Immediately add cheese (cheddar and mozzarella) and mix until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Reduce heat to simmer. Add the remaining half of the spices, and mix to combine. Adjust seasonings, and add more salt, cumin, and chili powder, if needed.
The most enjoyable occasions in our lives frequently revolve around eating. Birthdays, anniversaries and reunions demand food that complements the occasion and conjures happy memories for years to come. When you cook at home, you can start with a skillet, and there’s no limit to what you can cook on top of the range. With the easiest, fastest, most versatile pan in the kitchen, you can whip up a huge variety of tasty meals.
Mexican Chicken Pasta Recipe Tips
Cooking for a family sometimes very complicating. When you decide to cook Pasta, one family like Italian while one family like Mexican Pasta. Traditionally we always cook Italian pasta. But my kids want some hot and spicy pasta. Pasta is a simple and delicious family meal favorite. It is generally used to describe traditional Italian noodles. It is also a healthy food with a low calorie and with heart beneficial dish. As my kids request they want pasta but hot and spicy. So we decided to cook Mexican Chicken Pasta. The flavors of Mexican-style cuisine are blended in this simple dish. This mouthwatering Mexican meal is also fabulous and perfect for a quick and hectic weeknight dinner when there is no time to cook more than 30 minutes. The main ingredients for this dish include slice cooked chicken, bell peppers, green chilies, creamy sauce, and spices. It can be served hot and garnish with cilantro.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!