Mexican Chocolate traces its roots to the Mayan and Aztec culture of their country. It’s in tablet form and common in chocolate drinks that has cinnamon and chilis in it but lately, it’s becoming popular among chefs from different countries and they are using it in different kinds of desserts. On the other hand, the word brownie was first used in 1896 in a cookbook describing a cake made of molasses that are baked in individual tin molds. So you want to make Mexican Chocolate Brownies Recipe but what if you can’t get hold of this type of chocolate? Don’t fear because you can still make this delicious dessert from scratch and it will taste like the real thing.
Mexican Chocolate Brownies Preparation
This is the best Mexican Chocolate Brownies Recipe because it has Cinnamon Buttercream as a topping of the Brownies and this sweet gets the good combination of two spices which are Cinnamon and Chili. These two spices go very well with chocolate and many home cooks around the world do this combination to make their chocolate desserts special. Don’t worry about the chili (cayenne pepper) powder because you just need a few sprinkles to bring out the flavor of both chocolate and cinnamon. It’s really a welcome addition to the Brownie mix.
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 -350 F degrees.
- Prepare baking pan with parchment paper or oil. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon and ground red pepper in a bowl.
- Place the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a large microwavable bowl. Heat in 45-second increments over medium-high heat, stirring after each increment, until butter is fully melted, allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, until batter is thick and shiny.
- Add flour mixture, stir until just mixed then beat vigorously by hand for another 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 27-32 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in center of brownies have just a few crumbs sticking to it.
- Cool brownies in pan for 15 minutes and then lift parchment sides and place brownies on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat together powdered sugar and butter in a medium bowl for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, vanilla, cream, and cinnamon and continue to mix until frosting is thick and smooth. Add the frosting to your brownies once they have cooled
Making these Mexican Chocolate Brownies is so easy. There are only a couple of ingredients you need as well as dedication to assembling your brownie with the Buttercream. To make your brownie experience more delightful, eat your dessert with a hot chocolate drink that is also sprinkled with cinnamon and chili powder. It’s perfect for a lazy day especially if you’re craving for chocolate. While some foods are meant to be shared, this brownie is for eating when you’re alone. You’ll want to have all of it for yourself because it’s that good.
Comments and Suggestions regarding the recipe? Leave your comments below. Don’t Forget to Like our Official Facebook Page and be updated.