This Mexican Pork Menudo Recipe is among the most valued, enjoyed and celebrated serving of mom’s home cooked recipes.It should be noted, however, that those who have never tried Menudo may be wary of the first experience.
For some, its unique and flavorful texture and aroma may seem too difficult or exotic to swallow.That is why it is essential that the Mexican Pork Menudo recipe is well-cooked and exquisitely prepared, with an eye towards presentation.
A positive first experience will invariably lead to a greater appreciation and understanding of why Menudo ranks high in the world as a renowned and traditional culinary experience.
- 500 grams Pork Belly
- 100 grams Pork Liver
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 small Potato, cut into cubes
- 1 small Carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sliced Hotdog
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- 2 tbsp. Liver Spread
- Brown Sugar, Salt, and Pepper to taste
- Marinate the pork in soy sauce and lemon juice for an hour.
- In a pot, heat oil and fry potatoes and carrots. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, sautee garlic and onion.
- Add marinated pork belly and water. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pork liver and tomato sauce. Simmer until pork and liver are tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, red bell pepper, raisins, hotdog, sweet peas, and liver spread. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with sugar, salt, and pepper.
Menudo Recipe TIPS
Many Mexican recipes call for chilli peppers. You can control how spicy the food will be by the type of chili peppers and the amount used.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR SOME INGREDIENTS IN THE MENUDO RECIPE
- GARLIC is among the finest of herbs, possessing many nutritional benefits for human health. It is known to strengthen teeth and gums and reduce the effects of rheumatism. It works to lower pressure in the arteries as well as cholesterol.
- ONION contains proteins, potassium, selenium, vitamins B12 and 6, niacin and phosphorous. It helps combat the onset of diabetes and is a known anti-carcinogenic. It works to reduce cholesterol and improve blood coagulation. It’s enzymes contribute to oxygen in the blood cells; it improves respiratory function as well as blood circulation. It is a diuretic and helps to purify the organism.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!