Roasted Poblano Soup Recipe
Flavorful delicious soup with rich creaminess mouthfeel.
- 5 Poblano peppers
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups stock
- sour cream or Greek Yoghurt
- cilantro stems chopped
- hot sauce
- ground pepper
- Heat oven on 400 F. Rinse poblanos and put them to roast in the oven for 15 min.
- After 15 minutes turn them on baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes.
- After roasting put the poblanos in a ziplock bag and set aside to rest for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime chop onion and mince garlic.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add butter and onion, sauteing 7 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons flour and whisk well.
- Add 4 cups of stock and half teaspoon salt.
- After boiling lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After cooling poblanos, pull off as much as you can skin and destem and deseed the poblanos. Add roughly chopped poblanos in saucepan and heat to simmering for 3 minutes.
- Blend the mixture with a hand blender until you got a uniform texture.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve the soup and decorate with sour cream, few drops of hot sauce and fresh cilantro stems.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!