From Monday to Friday we are always busy in our work, business, and travel. Even the mom at home, they are busy with kids and making their home as good as can be. Friday night brings magic in the air, I know you can feel that too. We know the feeling of waiting for this day. The stress will pass even just for 1 or 2 days of relaxation. Weekends are an important time for families. This is the time when you feel that the world turn slow a bit.
Parents can linger in their bed or take time for a cup of coffee. Kids can stay longer too on their bed, can play whole day in their pajamas. When I see how my family enjoy this day, I realize that there is always something special about the weekend that Monday or any weekday will never have. And it’s called “togetherness”. A weekend is also the time for me to cook and sometimes invite some of our friends to come over for dinner. We love to eat and love to try any kind of food. We just want to release the stress of the week and just simply celebrate the weekend.
Tequila Lime Shrimp Recipe Preparation
- ½ pound peeled and deveined shrimp raw
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 dried ancho chili peppers stems and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 oz tequila
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sprinkle the shrimp evenly with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the dried chilis in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Steep chilis in the hot water until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Puree softened chilis and ½ cup of the steeping liquid in a food processor or blender until smooth and set aside.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil to the pan. Stir in garlic and warm until fragrant, about 15 seconds, being careful not to burn.
- Add shrimp to the pan, without overcrowding, and heat for 90 seconds per side. The minute the shrimp turns pink, it is cooked so be careful not to overcook. It shouldn't take more than 3-4 minutes total. Remove cooked shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Stir the tequila into the hot skillet and use a wooden spoon to deglaze any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the cooked shrimp along with the pureed chilis and lime juice to the pan. Bring to a simmer then reduce to low and heat for 4-5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Right before serving, finish the shrimp with butter and stir until melted through. Check for seasoning and add more salt or pepper to taste.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, rice or tossed into pasta if you wish.
For this weekend I will cook Tequila Lime Shrimp. A quick and easy to prepare seafood dish. I don’t drink alcohol but cooking with wine like tequila makes your food smell and taste better. Shrimp is my favorite foods. I like the flavor and texture and it can cook up easily and quick. The shrimp is marinated in tequila, lime zest, juice, and sugar. If you want some hot and spicy, you can add the jalapeno peppers. Served with warmed Tortillas or Rice (Mexican Rice or Sweet Rice). You can also toss into the pasta with cheese.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!