Every year when I visited my grandma, she used to cook this steak known as Aporreadillo Recipe, with scrambled eggs submerged in Salsa Sauce. A very spicy soup or stew (I never knew what this really is). A very fast delicious recipe that only my grandma knows how to prepare it. It took her only 30 mins to cook and serve it to me. Very exciting for me.
- 6 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Dried Guajillo Chiles stems and Seeds Removed
- 2 Chilis
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ Medium White Onion - finely chopped
- 1 lb. thin cut Steaks cut in thin strips
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp. ground Cumin
- Bring the Tomatoes, Guajillo Chiles, Serrano Chiles and Garlic to a boil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for 8-10 mins. until tomatoes are completely cooked.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly.
- Pour ingredients into a blender cup.
- Puree until smooth, season with salt to taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion for about 3 mins. or until translucent.
- Add the thin-cut steak and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Season slightly with salt.
- Reduce heat to low
- Cover and simmer for 10 mins. until the meat's juice has evaporated.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet with the cooked meat.
- Season with the ground cumin.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Let Cook.
- Stirring occasionally until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!
Hello, your recipe seems to be “incomplete” it doesn’t say when to stir the salsa, but it should be once the meat is cooked and before the eggs.