The Mexican Tortilla Soup is one of the easiest classic Mexican dishes.A small bowl of Mexican Tortilla Soup is a great way to begin a meal.The Tortilla Soup Recipe possesses all the heartiness of the basic Mexican ingredients, such as chipotle pepper, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and garlic.
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- ½ white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 spoonfuls fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup cooked chickpea beans, peeled
- 1 chipotle pepper (canned)
- 1 peeled and chopped avocado
- 4 ounces Mexican queso fresco or other crumbly fresh cheese cut into ½ inch cubes or 3.5 ounces Monterey Jack grated cheese
- ½ cup sour cream.
- Fry the tortilla strips in hot and enough oil. Stir around in the oil nearly constantly until they are golden and crispy. Place on an absorbent paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Blend the tomatoes, garlic and onion. Strain this mixture and set aside.
- Preheat a frying pan with 3 spoonfuls of cooking oil.
- Add the blended and strained mixture.
- Once well fried, add the chicken broth, cilantro, and chipotle pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Divide the cheese and avocado among the soup bowls.
- Serve a portion of the broth into each bowl, top with a portion of the tortillas strips and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
Mexican Tortilla Soup Recipe Tips
- Vegetables and Herbs must always be fresh, as this maintains the quality of flavor.
- Wash the fruit with a brush or sponge, then disinfect for 15 minutes. Rinse and let them air out for a while before applying them to the recipe.
- The Hass avocado is green when it is not yet ripe and black when it is. If they are purchased green they should be wrapped in newspaper and kept in a warm place in the kitchen so they will mature.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR SOME INGREDIENTES IN THE MEXICAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
- AVOCADO: This fruit is rich in vitamins E and D and contains a high amount of fiber and minerals. It is a rich source of potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Avocado helps to fortify the bones and works to avoid the formation of intestinal gasses.
- TOMATOES are rich in potassium, vitamins C and A, and are in the category of antioxidants. This helps to preserve muscle tone. They help to lower the risk of heart disease and cataracts.
- CILANTRO improves and strengthens urinary valve function.
Don’t Forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for more Mexican Recipes.