Who loves to eat rice which tastes like it is already a complete meal? Most Mexicans do. The Arroz a la Mexicana Recipe is a part of every meal in Zacatecas. You just can’t say no to this extremely savory rice. In fact, you will definitely ask for more. Health-wise, this is an all in one meal because there are carbohydrates which come from the rice, protein from chicken meat, vitamin C from the tomatoes, onion, and garlic which are natural antibiotics and salt to taste to promote normal electrolyte function.
Arroz A La Mexican Recipe Preparation
It’s very simple to make the Arroz A La Mexicana. You have to make sure that you choose the best tomatoes. The tomatoes are pureed together with the onion and garlic until you have a smooth paste. You have to set the tomato mixture aside for a while then heat oil together with the rice and remaining garlic while stirring occasionally so the flavor of each ingredient will blend in better. The tomato mixture can now be added then add some pepper and salt. This will take around thirty minutes to cook. The Rice will come out with a tinge of red making it more appealing and the cooked chicken a little green signifying good health. [View more of our Rice Recipes including One Pan Mexican Chicken Rice Recipe and Mexican Rice Recipe]
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- cilantro leaves (not necessary)
- In a blender chopped: chicken stock, tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, and onion until smooth texture.
- Place in the hot oil pan 1 clove garlic and rice, cook a fairly high heat around 3-6 minutes until rice starts turn to golden.
- Put mixed tomatoes in the frying pan, add salt and pepper, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until all of the water is absorbed and you can no longer see it bubbling to the top (around 20-30 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let it rest for a few minutes, and you’re ready to serve.
This Arroz A La Mexicana Recipe is not just a favorite in Mexico at present time. It has also become a favorite in other countries as well, what with its mouth watering taste and a very wonderful aroma which seems to tell you, “Come and eat me”. lt has a pleasant taste that is mild to the tongue so even kids will love this dish. Eat by yourself if you’re feeling a bit selfish today or share with friends over poetry reading and don’t forget dessert. Everyone will like this whether or not they are Mexicans as they will simply ask you to make it next time.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You! Please Don’t Forget to Rate our Recipes. Thank You