Arroz con Pollo Recipe includes a sauce that contains the blended ingredients of garlic, onion and Poblano Pepper.
- 8 chicken wings and 1 cut chicken breast
- 7 Poblano peppers, washed and with seeds removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 white onion
- 2 ½ cups of rice, ½ to be placed in a pan of hot water for 15 minutes; rinsed and strained
- 2 spoonfuls of oil
- 5 cups of water
- 16 fresh clams, cleaned
- 2 spoonfuls of fresh cilantro leaves or parsley.
- Blend the peppers, garlic, and onion.
- In a frying pan cooks the rice in oil.
- When the rice turns into a gold color discard excess oil.
- Add the blended mixture to the rice and allow to dry a little bit.
- Add the 5 cups of water, the clams, and chicken.
- Cover the pan and cook with a low flame.
- Decorate with cilantro leaves or parsley.
DOES IT MATTER HOW LONG YOU FRY THE RICE IN THE HOT OIL?
If you are using medium-grain rice, simply coating the rice with the oil will turn out fairly sticky, very waxy-textured rice.
Letting it cook until all of the grains have turned from translucent to milky-white, ensures beautifully fluffy rice with separate grains.
Letting the rice cook until it is browned gives it a very nutty taste and the lightest texture, though you may have quite a few broken grains in the finished pot.
DOES THE PAN SIZE MATTER IN RICE COOKING?
Yes. A pan that is too small or large for the quantity of rice you are cooking will adversely affect the texture of the rice, causing it to cook irregularly.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR SOME INGREDIENTES IN THE ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE
- CHICKEN is an excellent source of protein. It’s a food that provides energy and support for the digestion.
- POBLANO PEPPER is a large fresh green pepper. It a natural stimulant and it stimulates the appetite. The pepper combats intestinal gas inflammation and helps against nasal congestion, bronchitis, and asthma.
- CILANTRO improves and strengthens urinary valve function.
Comments, Ideas and Suggestions about the Recipe? Leave your comment below. Don’t Forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for more Mexican Recipes.