Huevos a la Mexicana Recipe is a quick and easy breakfast recipe to prepare.
It is so named because its ingredients are the colors of the Mexican flag: green hot peppers, white onion, and red tomatoes.
This huevos recipe is usually accompanied by refried beans.
See how easy is to make Huevos a la Mexicana Recipe:
- 10 eggs
- 1 diced onion
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 diced chilli peppers
- 3 spoonfuls vegetable oil
- Olive oil
- In a deep bowl, lightly batter the eggs and set aside.
- In a large frying pan fry the onion and chilli peppers.
- When the onion becomes transparent, add the tomatoes and keep frying.
- Add eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat and stir periodically.
HOW TO KNOW AN EGG IS FRESH?
To know that an egg is fresh submerge it in a container of salt water; if it falls to the bottom vertically it is a fresh egg. If it is not a quality fresh egg it will land horizontally.
AN ORGANIC FERTILIZER
Egg shells, left in water overnight, is a quality organic fertilizer.
Many Mexican recipes call for chili peppers. You can control how spicy the food will be by the type of chili peppers and the amount used.
The hot and spicy flavor of a chilli pepper comes mostly from the interior seeds and veins, which can be removed to lessen the effect.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR SOME INGREDIENTES IN THE HUEVOS A LA MEXICANA RECIPE
- EGGS contain a host of vitamins: K, B, B12, D and proteins. The white of the egg comprises 57% of the whole, and is largely comprised of water and proteins.
- ONION contains proteins, potassium, selenium, vitamins B12 and 6, niacin and phosphorous. It helps combat the onset of diabetes and is a known anti-carcinogenic. It works to reduce cholesterol and improve blood coagulation. Its enzymes contribute to oxygen in the blood cells; it improves respiratory function as well as blood circulation. It is a diuretic and helps to purify the organism.
- TOMATOES are rich in potassium, vitamins C and A, and are in the category of antioxidants. This helps them preserve muscle tone. They help to lower the risk of heart disease and cataracts.