The Mexican Flan Recipe ranks among the all-time favorite of desserts, by virtue of its pleasing taste, texture, and presentation, perfectly suited to be enjoyed with a good cup of coffee.
- ¼ cup Evaporated Milk
- ¼ cup Condensed Milk
- ½ cup Full-Cream Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- ¼ cup Diced Pecans
- 2 tbsp. Melted Butter
- Place the sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat until fully dissolved and slightly syrupy.
- Brush ramekins with melted butter.
- Pour a thin layer of syrup into each ramekin.
- Leave to cool until the syrup has solidified.
- Whisk together the evaporated milk, condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Pour milk and egg mixture into the ramekins.
- Cover each ramekin with foil or plastic wrap.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with diced pecans.
Mexican Flan Recipe TIPS
BAÑO MARIA: This is a method of cooking that involves placing one pan of ingredients inside another that contains water. This second one is directly exposed to the source of heat.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR SOME INGREDIENTES IN THE MEXICAN FLAN RECIPE
- SUGAR helps maintain a necessary degree of energy in the human metabolism and is positive to the maintenance of different organs, including the brain and muscles in the body.
- PECANS are rich in fiber and carbohydrates, proteins with little sugar content but high in calories. They contain vitamins A, B1, B6, E and minerals like potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper and iron. In addition: Omega 3, amino acids, folic acid, and niacin. Pecans reduce good and bad cholesterol. They are recommended for prevention of cardiovascular disease, hypertension, arteriosclerosis, and dehydrated skin. Help to maintain function of the brain.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!