Capirotada Recipe, also known as Mexican Bread Pudding, is simple to prepare and it creates an authentic Mexican dessert. It is a Mexican dessert that is traditionally served during the lenten season. It is delicious when served warm with a glass of fresh milk.
- ½ loaf French bread cut into 1-inch slices
- 14 ounces raw brown sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 4-5 slices of onion
- 1 cinnamon stick (approx 5-inch)
- 4 cloves
- ½ cup of sliced pecans
- ½ cup of peanuts, with no salt, peeled
- ½ cup of raisins
- ½ cup of grated coconut
- ½ cup of small candy
- ½ cup of grated Cheddar cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Toast the bread slices until crispy and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring the water to boil.
- At boiling point, add the brown sugar, onion, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Set over medium heat and bring to a gentle boil until the mixture thickens into a syrup like texture. Allow to cool, then strain.
- To assemble the Mexican bread pudding use a 9 x 9-inch baking pan in order to make 2 layers of bread, syrup, peanuts, pecans, raisins, coconut, small candies, and cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated 350° F oven for about 40 minutes.
- Capirotada recipe is ready to enjoy with a glass of fresh milk.
Capirotada Recipe Tips
To ensure that the syrup soaks into the bread, submerge each piece of bread into the syrup prior to placing in baking pan.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR SOME INGREDIENTES IN THE CAPIROTADA RECIPE
- CLOVE contains a potent compound called eugenol that is anti-inflammatory and anesthetic. Eugenol has become the first choice of dentist used in dental surgery. The clove also helps maintain a lower level of cholesterol. It also has been shown to have the capacity to destroy blood clots.
- CINNAMON contains properties that help control gasses, colic and stomach problems. It also helps control weight and burns calories. It contains a compound that makes the cells absorb glucose more rapidly so that it can be converted into energy. It also reduces triglycerides considered bad for the heart and reduces cholesterol.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!