Mexican Food is well known for using lots of spicy peppers and herbs for a mouthwatering dish. Many would like to learn Mexican food, they enjoy the taste because of its flavorful kick, using fresh aromatic ingredients and its colorful presentation. Many believe that Mexico has no such things as the Mexican Pizza. The closest thing similar to Mexican Pizza Recipe would be a “Tostada”. It is a round tortilla with layers of beans, ground beef, jalapeno peppers, cheese, tomatoes and sour cream.
- ¼ lb Ground Beef
- ½ cup diced Onion
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- dash of Cayenne Pepper
- 8oz Refried Beans
- 2 10 inch Flour Tortillas
- ¼ cup Salsa
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 Green Onion, chopped
- 4 Grape Tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp. chopped Jalapeño Peppers
- 2 tbsp. Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook beef, onion, and garlic in a skillet.
- Stir in chili, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Place tortillas side by side on the baking sheet.
- Cover with a layer of refried beans.
- Scatter half of the beef over each tortilla, then cover with the second tortilla.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove tortillas out of the oven. Spread salsa on top of each and top with cheese, tomatoes, green onions, and jalapeños.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes.
The main ingredients are Tortillas. It is a thin flat bread made of cornmeal or wheat flour. There are two kinds of tortillas. One is Corn Tortilla, is a thin flat bread made from finely ground maize (corn). The other kind of tortillas is a wheat Flour, it is a soft flatbread made from finely ground wheat flour. This Tortilla can be home-made or you can buy it in the store, fresh, frozen and as portion-size slices or pieces. Though the wheat flour tortilla has been used as a part of the basic diet for someone who is health conscious.
Mexican Pizza Recipe Preparation (Summarize)
This Mexican Pizza can be served as a main dish.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!