Chicken Avocado Arepas Recipe
Tasty Arepas with excellent chicken marinated in Guasacaca sauce, divine Avocado spread, melted mozzarella cheese, black bean, and corn.
For Guasacaca Sauce
- ½ chopped white onion
- 1 minced garlic cloves
- 1 large sliced, peeled and pitted avocado
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup stemmed parsley leaves
- ¼ cup stemmed cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Jalapeno pepper seeded and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups precooked corn meal
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
For Filling Arepas
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked black bean
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 large pureed, peeled and pitted avocado
For making Arepas
- Put the salt in
bowlwith warm water.
- Add cornmeal in a bowl stirring it well to form a dough.
- Set aside dough for 5 minutes. Form 8 balls
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Form from 8 ball dough disk shape
- Put the coated olive oil skillet on medium high heat.
- Place as many disk shape
arepasdough in skillet and cook 5 minutes on each side or until getgolden brown color.
- Repeat these steps for all
- Place all
arepasin bakingtray in ovenfor 10 minutes.
- Keep them warm for filling.
For Guasacaca Sauce
- Place all the ingredients for the
guasacacain a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and marinate with ¼ Guasacaca sauce.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat and put marinated chicken for 5 minutes.
- Stir it all the time. Cover the skillet and lower the heat at low. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Now you are ready to staff
- With sharp knife open
arepasand spread the avocado.
- Put the cooked chicken, black
beenand corn kernels.
- Finish it with Guasacaca sauce and a little bit shredded cheese and enjoy.
Questions / Suggestions regarding the recipe? Comment below. Also, Don’t forget to Like our Official Facebook Page for our latest Mexican Recipes. Thank You!